Monday, December 20, 2010

remember, remember that which is priceless...

How often have you thought to yourself, 'I wish I would have taken less pictures'? Maybe never.


Cool Story...
     I went to Sundance Ski resort last week with my younger brother just to show him around (he recently moved to Utah) and I wanted to take a few pictures with him. I decided we should walk up the slope past the lift a ways to get a good view of the mountains. As we were walking up the slope - in our regular shoes - a gentleman from ski patrol came over and told us we shouldn't be walking around, it's dangerous, needed a pass, etc. I was enjoying myself and in a pretty good mood. I essentially replied, "Hey, would you mind taking our picture?" He was a little surprised by my response but agreed. He took the picture below.
     Has anyone ever turned you down when you asked them to take a picture?
     The ski patrolman did want us to leave but was a pretty nice guy. I was respectful and so was he in return. And he took a really good picture of me and my bro. It was clear that I surprised him a little when I asked him to take our picture but he did it. I explained that I snowboarded there and hadn't realized it wouldn't be okay to walk up the hill a little. I graciously left with a good picture and both we and the patrolman left satisfied.
     I was pretty proud of the picture I took above. But two, five, and fifty years from now, I'll probably be much happier I took the one below - even though the view's not as good.
     Blaine, my brother, took the picture below from the middle of a tree, creating an outer border. He thought that was pretty cool. So do I.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures! I can't wait to go up there and ski this year! The scenery is wonderful and you two look so handsome!!

    ReplyDelete